Cinco De Mayo: Round 3 Top Performers

With things winding down in the Cinco de Mayo tournament one would think my choices for a Top Performer would be dwindling...au contraire! With the pressure building as teams get closer and closer to those RotoWire subscriptions and high performance sunglasses, players begin to step it up. Both my picks for this round's studs were difficultly chosen due to all the great candidates.

Top Performer: Hitting

- SayheyKid, T.Tech

My original prediction for this game was for HeadAke to hit a walkoff homerun. After I realized that Carnage was the away team, I had to change that. Well, my original prediction of a walkoff homer was spot on. It was SayheyKid who did the damage for T.Tech in the bottom of the 7th inning. For the 2nd straight round, my Top Performer on the hitting side has been a player who hit a walkoff homer. Maybe I'm a little unfair to others, but a walkoff homerun just stands out to me. Nothing speaks more about a player than the ability to step up and get the job done when it counts.

Props to Sayheykid of T.Tech for notching his 1st career Top Performer Award.

Top Performer: Pitching

- SniperX, Hybrids

SniperX may have one too many enemies in the RBO community, but his teammates are sure willing to ignore it when he puts up All-Aces type performances. SniperX got the last laugh against Bombers as he dominated the rough lineup, holding them to just 3 runs in 6 innings of work. Look for SniperX to make a strong push for his Swedish teammates in the finals. T.Tech is very familiar with SniperX, but that shouldn't limit him in his pitching efforts.

Props to SniperX for winning his 1st career Top Performer Award.

0 comments: